Tuesday, March 10, 2009




Tip of the day:

Garlic Your Olive Oil


Perpetual Garlic Infused Oil- I have two items on my counter top at all times: my bottle of vanilla extract and my drizzle bottle of garlic infused olive oil. I do it the lazy,… I mean, convenient way. I buy or make dehydrated  garlic and simply insert about 1/4 cup into a clean glass bottle. Do not use fresh garlic because it can cause bacteria to grow in your oil .  You may buy a decorative bottle or simply recycle something like an empty and pretty wine bottle. After your garlic is in the bottle, simply pour in extra virgin olive oil to the top. Seal with a pour cork (you can find them in the grocery store, liquor store, kitchen supply store or even Kirkland's) and within hours you will have garlic infused olive oil. When you get low, simply refill with more olive oil. When you refill simply change the dehydrated garlic and add oil.

I sauté almost all my veggies in garlic infused olive oil or coconut oil. It is great to drizzle in the pan before your omelet; I also use it in making homemade breads and pizza crust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite you to share your helpful or healthy comments, advice, tips, recipes, questions, and experience with us.