Friday, February 27, 2009




Wow! Here is another recipe I tried from the agave cookbook (you can find the book on my web site – and for all my Nashville friends you can save on shipping). When I went to our “pot-luck” I doubled it so that I would have some to bring home to have the next day…Haahhh! I was out of luck - gone!

I didn’t have all the ingredients below so followed most of it but I substituted a few things:

For the dressing I substituted:
Healthy coconut oil for the vegetable oil.
I didn’t have rice vinegar so I used Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
I didn’t have fresh ginger so I used sushi pickled ginger and diced it

For the salad I used:
Shredded carrots (food processor)
Shredded cabbage
Onion – yellow and green
Cucumbers- julieanned

I don’t like hot foods – and this had a little heat from the chili-oil but it was hot and sweet and you just couldn’t stop eating it. Which is exactly what you want in a healthy recipe.


Asian Cabbage and Sprout with Ginger Dressing

Serves: 6 - 8

Description:


This is a delicious salad that can be used as a side dish or as a main course (just by adding chicken). The dressing has a wonderful Asian flavor and can be used as a dressing on mixed greens as well.

Ingredients:


Salad:
1/2 head green cabbage
1/2 head red cabbage
2 carrots, julienned
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups snow peas
1 red pepper, diced
2 grilled chicken breasts, cubed (optional)

Dressing:
1/3 cup Xagave
1/3 cup white rice vinegar (unsweetened)
1/3 cup soy sauce*
1 tsp. fresh chopped garlic
1 tsp. fresh chopped ginger root
1 tsp. hot chile oil
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Garnish:
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds

Steps:
Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and mix. Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend. Pour dressing over salad mix, toss and sprinkle sesame seeds over top.


Tips and Notes:
This salad and dressing will taste delicious for several days.
*May substitute Braggs for soy sauce. (dilute 1 part Braggs to 1 part water).


Thank you Stephen Richards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite you to share your helpful or healthy comments, advice, tips, recipes, questions, and experience with us.